Senior 1 Physiotherapist
Poole, Dorset, England
BMI Harbour Hospital in Poole is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We are looking for a Senior Physiotherapist to join our busy Physiotherapy team on a F ixed term contract to cover maternity leave . We specialise in rehabilitation from injury and surgery and receive referrals from a number of sources. We have close links with our consultants and successful candidates will be able to be part of our internal training and the BMI physiotherapy training plan. This is primarily an out-patient musculoskeletal role but will involve some in-patient work.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week . The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
* Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills:
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
* Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
* Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist/ State Registered Occupational Therapist with postgraduate general hospital experience
* Must be a Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
* Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
* Knowledge of registered body and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
Duties of this role include:
* To manage a clinical caseload, providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard
* To provide clinical direction for other physiotherapy staff within the team
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
* To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
* To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
* Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for Inpatients, Outpatients, participating in these patients' pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 35100 - 35100 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Nov 2016
Closes 13 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Physiotherapy