ST1/ST2 Doctor in General Surgery - Cheshire
Chester, Cheshire, England
ID Medical is recruiting for a permanent, full-time position at an NHS Trust in Cheshire for an experienced ST1/ST2 doctor in general surgery.
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering the highest quality care for patients, can stay calm under pressure, and is able to work effectively within busy and dynamic teams.
The post holder will need to work across a number of sites as required, and within an agreed number of hours to maintain the most appropriate level of service. This will include some evenings as determined by the trust.
- The right candidate will undertake ward duties and will supervise FY1s with their remit. The post includes assisting in elective theatre and training in basic surgical skills and appropriate operations under supervision.
- The post will be involved in the emergency on-call rota for general surgery and for shifts outside of office hours. The urology emergency service is also covered.
- There is considerable scope for training and supervision in emergency general surgery, as well as training in endoscopy. Other clinical training opportunities can be discussed and arranged.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- A high degree of manual dexterity
- Good hand-eye coordination, excellent vision and visual-spatial awareness
- Good organisational ability and effective decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills to deal with a wide range of colleagues, patients and their families
- Emotional resilience, a calm temperament and the ability to work well under pressure
- Physical stamina to cope with the demands of surgery
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Relocation packages may be available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
- Lucrative referral bonuses
Salary is dependent on location, grade and previous experience.
We constantly have vacancies across all departments so if you're seeking a different role, we're sure to have something that is right for you. What's more, ID Medical's Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical position.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. Founded in 2002, ID Medical holds preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations across the UK.
ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 30302 - 40090 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 15 Nov 2016
Closes 13 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Doctor