Senior Clinical Fellow (Paediatrics & Neonates) - East of UK
Derby, Derbyshire, England
ID Medical is currently seeking a highly experienced and qualified Senior Clinical Fellow in paediatrics & neonates to work at this NHS trust in the East of England.
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering the highest quality care for patients, can stay calm under pressure, and is able to work effectively within busy and dynamic teams.
The post holder will also be required to work flexibly across a number of operational sites as required and work flexibly within an agreed number of hours to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision. This will include some evenings determined by the trust.
- Provision of clinical care to neonates, infants, and children on the neonatal unit, delivery suite, post-natal ward, children's assessment unit and children's wards
- Provision of clinical care in outpatients under the supervision of consultant paediatrician
- The review of children by the Registrar Review Clinics to department guidelines and clinical pathways in order to improve clinical care
- Accept and review referrals from colleagues, general practitioners, other health professionals, and social services
The east of England has an excellent schooling reputation, low crime rates, a thriving sporting culture and a bustling town centre, making it a great place to live.
There is so much to do in this area that you could be out exploring every weekend. The transport links are great, with plenty of train and bus services allowing you to travel the region and beyond - with London only a short train ride away.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to apply sound clinical knowledge and judgement to problems
- Ability to prioritise clinical need
- Ability to maximise safety and minimise risk
- Recognition of, and ability to undertake the initial management of, an acutely ill patient.
- Shows aptitude for practical skills, e.g. manual dexterity
- Successful completion of training in paediatric life support/ advanced paediatric life support or equivalent
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
- Lucrative referral bonuses
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
- A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
- In-house clinical support team
Salary is dependent on location, grade and previous experience.
We constantly have vacancies across all departments so if you're seeking a different role, we're sure to have something that is right for you. What's more, ID Medical's Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical position.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. Founded in 2002, ID Medical holds preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations across the UK. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 31614 - 47647 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 15 Nov 2016
Closes 13 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Medical writer