Regional Quality Support Manager - Care Homes
Thatcham, Berkshire, England
Department: Operations - South
Location: Negotiable. Normally the postholder will support a specific region. There will be a significant amount of travel and some nights away from home may be required.
To support the delivery of continuous improvement in quality standards, regulatory compliance and quality ratings across a defined region of care homes. To assist the Area Director and Area Managers to support the delivery of care and service which exceeds customer expectations, manages clinical risk and achieves key performance indicators. Contribute to the operational plan for the South Region.
* Support the effective implementation of the BCS Quality Framework for continuous improvement across the South region.
* Provide sound, evidence based clinical and professional advice to homes and to other colleagues according to specific areas of expertise. Facilitate the sharing of best practice.
* Promote a person centred approach to care by supporting effective care planning, promoting positive staff attitudes and assisting with the development of clinical supervision.
* Monitor and ensure the accurate production of quality indicators and metrics at home level. Support Home Managers with the implementation of the quality framework, analysis of trends and effective management of clinical risk.
* Undertake clinical and quality audit of service standards including compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Support Home Managers and the operations team with the implementation of quality improvement plans for services with quality challenges.
* Conduct investigations and support root cause analysis of critical incidents and serious resident safety matters or complaints.
* Actively seek the views of residents, relatives and significant others regarding the quality of service by engaging in discussion during home visits and assisting with implementation of BCS resident involvement initiatives.
* Identify the clinical training needs of staff and work with the operations and training teams to meet these needs.
* Support the implementation of efficient and effective care systems and practices within all clinical areas including the implementation of new initiatives to improve resident care and quality of life.
* Act as a professional role model for staff, encouraging a commitment to continuous quality improvement, customer satisfaction and an open and transparent culture.
* Support nurses to understand their professional accountability and the importance of nurse leadership within the care home.
* Support the operational team in meetings with external agencies such as quality regulators, safeguarding leads, local authorities, CCGs, HealthWatch, and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Training:
* Registered nurse, ideally with a nursing degree.
* Evidence of further professional development in relation to care, management or quality.
* Experience of working in a care home or a care of older people environment although consideration will be given to those with other strong clinical and operational backgrounds.
* An understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
* Strong customer care focus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Pragmatic in approach with strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to apply these in complex and challenging situations.
* Able to coach and motivate others.
* Able to build strong relationships with staff, colleagues working in other company departments and external stakeholders.
The postholder will:
* Work within the legal and regulatory frameworks and critically challenge practices and recommend improvements to improve quality and operational effectiveness.
* Be able to confidently represent the organisation at external meetings with stakeholders in a professional and balanced manner.
* Be able to analyse and understand the root cause of problems and work with operational teams to develop plans to address these problems.
Freedom to Act:
The postholder will:
* Be expected to work within the legal and regulatory environment for care homes and within BCS policies and procedures and professional guidelines for nurses. There is limited scope for working outside these frameworks.
* Work cross functionally within BCS to ensure all operational quality work is integrated across other relevant functions and vice versa.
* Be self motivated and work with little guidance on a day to day basis but work within the framework and guidance provided by the Area Director and Area Managers
* Broad objectives will be set and reviewed by the Area Manager.
* Work across a specified region of care homes and with various regulatory bodies, LAs, CCGs and other local stakeholders.
* Support continuous quality improvement across a region of care homes and address quality challenges where they arise.
- £ 40000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 11 Nov 2016
Closes 12 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Health care administration