Healthcare Assistant - Paediatrics
Windsor, Berkshire, England
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Paediatric department.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
* Childcare qualification NVQ/NNEB or equivalent.
* A clear understanding of the needs of families and children.
* A good knowledge of child development (healthcare experience desirable)
* Good communication & administration skills.
* Ability to work shift patterns, some Saturdays included.
Duties of this role include:
* To assist the Paediatric team in the provision of quality family centred care throughout all departments of the hospital.
* Prepare and tidy consulting rooms for clinic sessions, ensuring a child safe and friendly environment.
* To greet children and parents on arrival to consulting rooms, and collect registration form/details from reception staff.
* Co-ordinate follow up appointments and referrals as required.
* Following a period of training and supervision, can carry out some clinical activities:-
* Basic nursing care in CRS and ward area (recording temperature, BP, etc.)
* Recording children's weight and height.
* Assisting with minor procedures, phlebotomy, dressings, change of plasters, and distraction for procedures in imaging/Physiotherapy.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 14168 - 14168 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 10 Nov 2016
Closes 8 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant