Healthcare Assistant - Outpatients (Bank)
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Three Shires Hospital has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant - Outpatients (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* NVQ Level 2 Direct Care or above
* Minimum GCSE or equivalent education
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good numerical skills
* Basic financial awareness
* Experience in a clinical setting
Duties of this role include:
* To assist the qualified nursing staff in providing a high quality comprehensive nursing service to all users of the outpatient department.
* To assist in the management of patient care for the time the patient attends the Outpatient Department in accordance with national Care Standards.
* To assist the Consultant users by chaperoning patients.
* To assist the Consultant users with procedures in the department.
* To ensure that each clinic is prepared in advance with adequate stocks of consumables, Consultant post, clinic lists, patients' records and x-rays as appropriate.
* To ensure full working knowledge of all equipment used in the department.
* To report any defects in equipment or inadequate supplies to the Outpatient Manager.
* To participate in the hospital appraisal programme.
* To ensure full knowledge of hospital emergency procedures and be able to act accordingly.
* To carry out vital signs recording and basic dressing techniques as requested by a registered nurse.
* To demonstrate venepuncture skills (desirable)
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 8.52 - 8.52 Per hour
- Part time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 9 Nov 2016
Closes 7 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant