Medical Doctor - Functional Assessor - Southampton
Southampton, Hampshire, England
In your role as a Functional Assessor, you will contribute to the commercial relationship between Centre for Health and Disability Assessments and the DWP at a local level, ensuring delivery in the areas of quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
You will report to the Clinical Team Manager and work as part of a multidisciplinary team, with other healthcare professionals and administration managers and staff.
You will also interface with a range of different people including:
- Customers and their representatives
- Representatives from the Department of Work and Pensions
- Professional Bodies
- Performance and Training Leads
- Support & Virtual Contact Centre Staff
- The Medical Director & Clinical Leadership Managers
You will need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years post registration experience gained within a broad range of clinical settings
- Full unconditional registration with the GMC
- A valid licence to practice
- Excellent clinical, communication and report writing skills
- A flexible approach and be able to adapt to a fast changing work environment
- IT literacy
- Willingness to travel to a range of locations as the business Full job specifications are listed below.
Registered Medical Practitioner Training
In order to become a Registered Medical Practitioner - Functional Assessor you will need to complete the following:
- Pre-course reading, which must be completed prior to starting your training
- An intensive 7 day classroom training course/learning path, with additional reading to be completed in the
During the course, you will undertake the following assessments:
- You will be required to complete a multiple choice questionnaire (MCQ). A score of at least 85% must be achieved in order to continue with the training. Failure to achieve this could result in the failure of your probationary period and termination of your contract
- You will also need to demonstrate competency in completing a test case assessment using a computer programme
Once you have satisfactorily completed the MCQ, competency assessments and test case assessment, you will spend a minimum of 5 further days of supervised examination sessions in the live environment.
- You will observe an approved practitioner completing the first case(s) in the Thereafter, you will be fully supervised whilst you complete all further cases during this period.
The final stage of your training is to consolidate your assessment experience in continued assessment sessions.
Employed practitioners normally work a 37.5 hour week, during core office hours from Monday to Friday
Benefits Package - Highlights
Our comprehensive package of benefits that includes: -
- Core benefits such as
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- private medical insurance
- professional registration fees covered
- contributory pension scheme - A stakeholder pension scheme in which you can choose to sacrifice any amount from a minimum of 2% of your salary. The Company will match your contribution up to a maximum of 10% of your basic
- Flexible benefits which you can choose to buy in to on an annual basis such as:
- dental insurance
- travel insurance
- the option to buy and sell annual leave
- childcare vouchers
- £ 72000 - 72000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 8 Nov 2016
Closes 6 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Doctor