Psychologist - EBD
Corwen, Gwynedd, Wales
Our client is a national care provider who provide a range of high quality care and support services for children and adults with a range of needs including learning disabilities, mental health , sensory impairment , behavioural difficulties and acquired brain injury . They are currently seeking an experienced Psychologist / Psychotherapist. This post will be based an office in Corwen, Denbighshire, but will also require travel around a small number of specialist children's homes within approximately a half hour radius as required.
Working within a clinical and within the wider integrated team of professionals within the company, this role applies psychological knowledge and expertise to service users and professionals within the group e.g. education and care staff. Primarily, our work supports children and young males aged 10-18 who present with a number of complex interpersonal, emotional and behavioural issues. A number of the young people within our care have experienced significant trauma. The activities include conducting psychometric and risk assessments, formulation and developing, providing and evaluating individual and group therapy, consultation to teams, training and service development for the young people placed, or for those referred to for assessment or specific therapeutic interventions.
Clinicians also have the responsibility to undertake assessments and reports in line with our therapeutic model and clinical team framework.
The successful candidate will have -
1. Honours Degree in Psychology / Counselling Psychology / Forensic Psychology / Psychotherapy qualification.
2. Post-graduate level training in Clinical, Counselling or Forensic Psychology or relevant psychotherapy qualification.
3. Live registration or eligible for immediate registration by governing body (BACP, BABCP, BPS, HCPC etc.).
4. Experience of working with children / adolescents and their families or carers.
5. Hold a current driving licence valid for use within the UK and have, on appointment, access to a car.
6. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems.
7. For the post of Psychologist knowledge of psychology, life span developmental psychology, models of psycho-pathology, mental health, cognitive impairment, psychometrics, and psychological therapies relevant to this specialism.
8. Ability to use complex methods of psychological assessment intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
9. Ability to communicate effectively and both a written and oral level complex, highly technical and clinically sensitive information, to service users, their families, the integrated team within company and a wide range of lay and professional people outside of the company.
10. Ability to use psychological / therapeutic knowledge and learning to advise and guide service development and planning.
11. Knowledge of legislation and its implications for both practice and professional management in relation the service user group.
12. Evidence of continuing professional development as recommended by governing bodies e.g. BPS, BACP, BABCP, UKCP, HCPC etc.
13. Enthusiasm for a broad range of psychological phenomena, and interest in models of service delivery, and an ability to articulate the value added by colleagues from the education and care teams within the context of multi-disciplinary services.
14. Ability to contain and work with organisational stress and ability to 'hold' the stress of others.
15. Ability to articulate and interpret clearly the role of the profession of psychology and/or psychotherapy based upon a good understanding of the framework of government and national professional policy.
Salary is in the range of £38,000 - £42,000per annum depending on qualifications and experience plus benefits . . There may be some flexibility of salary for an exceptional candidate . Hours full time
40 Hours per week (full time) pro rata positions available
Due to the location of the service driving with own transport is essential
A full job description is available upon request.
Logic Care Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We work on permanent employment jobs, so should you be offered and accept a position, you would be directly employed by our client and all salary payments and tax deductions would be made by the client.
All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check by the client for Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
- £ 38000.00 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 5 Jan 2017
Closes 2 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Psychology