Healthcare Assistant - Team Leader / Coach
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
ID Medical is seeking a qualified QCF Diploma Level 3 'Health & Social Care Team Leader' to work 30 hours per week at a care home Northamptonshire on a 3 month contract.
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering the highest quality care for patients, can stay calm under pressure, and is able to work effectively within busy and dynamic teams.
- The Team Leader will supervise their team to provide all aspects of personal care i.e. dressing, washing, bathing, mobility assistance, administering of medication, to a resident taking into account their individual needs, to promote the physical, emotional and intellectual wellbeing and independence and safety of each resident.
- Medication administration records are audited monthly to ensure correct administration of medication. Staff members identified for retraining where appropriate.
- Checks that daily contact sheets are being completed factually and accurately and on a daily basis.
- Carry out assessments of potential residents, and manages the admissions process and the development of the person-centred outcome focused care plan (incl. housing-related support plan (where applicable) and risk assessment).
- Assists with the recruitment and selection of competent people to join their team whose experience, skills and personality are the right fit for the job and the 'ExtraCare' culture using 'ExtraCare' E-Recruitment toolkit.
- Conducts objective setting, development Reviews, interim development reviews and regular monitoring of objectives in line with policy and procedure.
- Manages absence amongst their team in a timely manner and is able to confidently conduct the first stage of the disciplinary procedure.
- Regularly holds team meetings which are well managed and allow for effective two way communication.
Make residents aware on a daily basis of activities taking place or being organised by their scheme\village and encourages them to attend, aiming to overcome resistance and lack of confidence with polite persuasion
- Minimize waste through appropriate use of materials e.g. gloves, wipes aprons and other health related equipment/supplies.
- Assists Head of care\manager in achieving care budget for their location.
- Have an understanding of staffing requirements to provide care for the residents receiving a care service and basic knowledge of the care contract.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Healthcare qualification such as BTEC or NVQ
- Previous experience in healthcare
BENEFITS OF WORKING THROUGH ID MEDICAL:
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- 24 hour support service
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
- Lucrative referral bonuses
- In-house clinical support team
Salary is dependent on location, grade and previous experience.
We constantly have vacancies across all departments so if you're seeking a different role, we're sure to have something that is right for you. What's more, ID Medical's Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical position.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. Founded in 2002, ID Medical holds preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations across the UK. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
- £ 12 - 17 Per hour
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 5 Jan 2017
Closes 2 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Healthcare assistant